*NZ'S BEST TASTING FLIGHT!
Imagine walking into the best bar in NZ and ordering a tasting flight of NZ’s best craft beers from NZ’s best craft breweries then getting them delivered to your place……hmmmmm
With over 230 craft breweries in NZ and at least 2,000 beers at any given time, craft beer can be pretty full on. But have no fear, Beer Hug is here. Whether you are new to craft or a complete craft nerd, this is an incredible tasting flight. One that will take your taste buds to new taste heights!
In this selection, we’ve pulled together 12 of NZ best craft beers from 6 of NZ’s most awarded breweries in all the most popular styles. We’ve put all this in a box that we’ll ship to you for a bangin’ price too. This box ticks a lot of boxes!
For those of you who are new to craft, we thought we'd tackle some commonly asked questions. If you are a craft aficionado, scroll down to the incredible selection of award-winning beers below!
So, what’s a Pale Ale then?
A Pale Ale is a typically golden to amber coloured style of ale which is brewed using an ale yeast and predominantly pale malt.
And what’s the difference between a Pale Ale and an India Pale Ale (IPA)?
When it comes down to it, a Pale Ale should have a nice hop character but medium build, whereas IPAs tend to be bigger, hoppier beers and have higher ABV (Alcohol By Volume) and IBU (International Bitterness Units).
Then what’s a Brut IPA then?
A Brut IPA is a bone dry, fizzy, champagne-like and light bodied beer with plenty of hop aromatics. This new style of IPA is named after the word ‘Brut’ used in the champagne world to describe how dry the wine is.
OK, so what’s the difference between an IPA and an APA (American Pale Ale)?
The short answer is that IPAs are hop-and-alcohol-heavy pale ales, originally created to last lengthy shipping times, while APAs have a balance of malts and hops, with a lighter character and citrusy punch to them.
Righto, tell me about Hazies….
A Hazy, like the name implies, has a cloudy appearance, one you can’t see through like other beer styles. The blend of malt and hops, along with less filtering before packaging, yields a beer with lower bitterness than other IPAs and hop character that’s decidedly fruity—you’ll often hear ‘juicy’ as a flavour descriptor, like a tasty bite of ripe citrus.
Is a Pilsner just another lager?
Basically yes, a Pilsner is a lager with the addition of spicy hops. A Pilsner is brewed with pilsner malt and lager yeast, with the addition of spicy hops to add flavour and aroma. The beer is bottom fermented which distinguishes it from ales. Essentially a Pilsner is a lager dialled up!
Enough theory? Let’s jump into the beers contained in this awesome one-off box. You’ll get the following 12 x 330mls for only $49.95*
1 x Pale Ale
- 😛 Behemoth Chur NZ Pale Ale (5.5%)
3 x India Pale Ales
- 😋 Bach Judder Beer IPA (5.0%)
- 😀 Epic Armageddon IPA (6.66%)
- 😆 Urbanaut Copacabana Brut IPA (7.1%)
2 x American Pale Ales
- 😚 Epic Thunder APA (5.8%)
- 😊 Liberty Yakima Monster APA (6.0%)
2 x Hazy Pale Ales
- 😳 Liberty Juice Bro Hazy Pale Ale (5.0%)
- 🙂 Bach Jucy AF Hazy Pale Ale (5.2%)
3 x Hazy India Pale Ales
- 😍 Behemoth Summer in a Can Hazy IPA (6.0%)
- 😂 Parrotdog Birdseye Hazy IPA (5.8%)
- 🙃 Urbanaut Del Mar Pink Grapefruit Hazy IPA (6.0%)
1 x Pilsner
- 🥰 Parrotdog Sundog Pilsner (5.2%)
We hope you enjoy this journey of discover with us. Get amongst it and grab a box today, while stocks last!
🍻Adam & Dan
- Cost is $49.95 plus $2.95 flat shipping rate (rural +$4.95).
- Beers will be shipping daily while stocks last. Track and trace emails will be sent upon dispatch.
- The beers in the box may alter slightly depending on availability. If we need to make a change to the box, we’ll make sure any substitutes are equally awesome!